Current skin care routine - Korean inspired

August 17, 2016



Hello again 

Have you heard of the multi-step Korean skin care routine? If not you must've been living under a rock. I've been trying to establish somewhat of a skin care routine, and I'm struggling. Is anyone else just too lazy to go through ten million steps? But I did step up my routine a bit and I have to say that I notice a huge difference.

Let me explain Korean skin care to you for a sec. It usually consists of 10 steps and involves crazy ingredients such as snail mucin, bee venom or sea weed. I am nowhere close to going through every step (if you are congrats.. also you're a freak) but I'm trying. If anyone knows a trustworthy online shop to purchase Korean Skincare in Europe... hit me up!



1st Step: Makeup Remover Or Oil Cleanser

Obviously you need to get rid of all that nasty make up and cake face before you can even attempt to have your life together.

For this I opted for the Body Shop Camomile Cleansing butter and I kid you not - this is the best thing that ever happened to me. I have really dry and blemish prone skin and this works wonders. Whenever I stop using this I just notice immediately. Holy grail!





2nd Step: Exfoliate

Once or twice a week I try to get rid of dead skin cells to achieve the polished look. Right now I'm using the Skin Food Black Sugar Mask which I got from Amazon. I really like it, but it does feel kind of gross if you leave it on for a little too long. Kind of itchy. But the smell is incredible!






3rd Step: Mask time!   

I've recently discovered sheet masks, and YES I'm late to the train I know. But man are they fun to use and they do work. I'm using the TonyMoly Sheet masks and I love the process of picking one... look how shiny (Friends reference. Anyone?). If I need a little more hydration I opt for the Origins DrinkUp Intensive Mask which is also quite nice. And I cannot forget to mention the Fresh Rose Face Mask. It's so hydrating and smells devine! 




4th Step: Essence

Yes this comes as a shock to me too. I really really hate snails and the thought of their ... stuff in some water and then on my face. Hell no! But you literally can't smell or feel the snail in this so... I'm not too bothered. The one I'm using is the MIZON Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule Cream. It is anti-aging, gets rid of acne scars and firms the skin. Not going to say no to that.




5th Step: Moisturize

To be totally honest I am not picky at all when it comes to moisturizers. As my skin is extra dry at the moment I have started using oils on my face even though everyone always tells you it makes you break out. It doesn't. At least I'm not but maybe because my skin is dehydrated. Check out the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate. I think it's pretty hydrating, sinks into the skin quickly and my complexion does look better in the mornings. Is it a miracle worker? Nope. Is it good? Yes. And it's a good alternative to the Estee Lauder Advanced night repair serum 'cause ain't nobody got money for that.




6th Step: Eye cream

Don't skip this! I always had the impression that this is just something the cosmetic industry is inventing to cash some money. But the skin around your eyes is so delicate and needs some extra hydration. I prefer super rich eye creams because I always apply them at night. I am in love with the Kiehl's creamy eye treatment with Avocado. 




So as you can see, I still have four more steps to go. What else do you use and are you willing to go through 10 steps to improve your skin? xoxo









You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Popular Posts